Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Complete MIRACLE Baptism!

A throwback to one year ago this week...Hard to believe so much has changed in just one year :)
Hey Mom!

This week has been great! We are both still so excited to be a part of this work. People keep saying that the time will come where the "MTC excitement" will wear off, but it still hasn't for me and I hope it never does! It is a lot easier to work when you are excited about what you are doing :)  We had a MIRACLE baptism this week! Two weeks ago, a lady came to church named María. She just showed up. So, we started teaching her, and 10 days later, she got baptized!! She was baptized this past Saturday :) She loves us because she is a translator and speaks English so she only talks to us in English...so she can practice. It's great for the both of us! It feels weird to talk to someone in English here! María....our complete miracle baptism!! It's like she has been ready for years and no one found her, so Heavenly Father had to just lead her to the church one day. The CRAZIER part is, she is our next door neighbor! We were really happy María found us!! :)

Last night we had a Noche de Hogar at Julio and Kervin's house (family night). Even though Julio can't get baptized(he's not legally married yet), he is a part of the ward. He loves everyone and everyone loves him. I led the Noche de Hogar and we played fun games, had a lesson and ate a huge dinner that Estela prepared. She even made flan!  :) Almost the whole ward was there! Everyone was looking at me to come up with a game when it was time to play games and all I could think was "Ok, what kind of game would Emily come up with right now??" Haha. I decided we would play OOGA BOOGA, a girls camp game, and they all LOVED it! So all you young woman, never ever underestimate the importance of those girls camp games :) They will help you in times of need on your missions!! Before leaving, Julio said to me, "Thank you so much for bringing this to our family. I feel very happy. Things like this give me the strength to get up and go to work in the morning". Man, I have really loved teaching this family. I really hope Julio and Estela can get married someday and get sealed in the temple. Kervin started mission-prep yesterday :) I love this family so much! Julio printed a bunch of pictures off for me so I'll send some of them home :)

We got a new Bishopric this week! The new Bishop, Bishop Mocarro, is SO amazing! He always comes out to teach with us. I remember my first couple weeks here I told myself that one day I would introduce my parents to Hermano Mocarro just because he is such a great man and he has really helped me a lot on the mission. And now he is Bishop! I am so so excited! The work in El Olivar is going to sky-rocket with him :) Also, Hermana Jones and I are changing our area a little bit...starting today. The ward boundaries are changing so we no longer have Condevilla in our area!! :( That means Kervin and Julio, and José y Omar! We can't visit them anymore! :( I am literally heart-broken! I can't imagine how it is going to feel when I have to leave Peru, let alone just my little area! I am really going to miss teaching all of them! I will still see them at church and activities but we can't go teach them anymore :( José is throwing a little party for us before we leave. We are all really sad about this! But I am excited to start working in Condor now, our new area! The people there are just waiting for us to come and teach them the gospel!!

I know this gospel is true! My testimony has been strengthened so much on my mission. Especially of the Book of Mormon! The Book of Mormon is so true! There is no way it could not be true! Joseph Smith was a prophet! I hope everyone is still working on their Christ-like attributes. I know Christ lives and loves us and we can find so much strength through him. I am so grateful for this gospel in my life. It really brings so much happiness to so many people, I have seen it! Keep reading your scriptures every single day, and your testimony will sky-rocket. Mine has! I love you all and thanks for all the support!! 

Con mucho MUCHO amor,
Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment