Tuesday, September 10, 2013

HUMILITY...IT'S A GREAT THING!

We traveled to Washington DC last week and found the apartment Cami lived in while serving in Leesburg, VA
Dad!

I am glad everyone is moved in and starting off the school year well. I can't believe summer is already over. I hit my 5 month mark tomorrow. I can't believe I have been here that long already! Time is flying. But I really have loved every second of it. Well, thats a lie, not every second haha but mostly all of it. Let's just say I continue to learn every second...that is truth! The mission is a great thing. I am glad I decided to serve even though it is really hard at times. This year and a half of my life is worth an eternity of happiness for other people's lives. The church is so true! I had a pretty cool experience this week, I'll copy and paste what I wrote to President Archibald:


I had a really cool experience this week. The month of August I was working on the Christ-like attribute of humility. One day this week during my studies, I was really discouraged and didn't really have a reason why. I was just really pondering why I am actually here on my mission because it is so hard sometimes! Having a companion is hard and just being a missionary can be discouraging at times when you are not having the success that you want to be having. Satan was working on me really hard this morning. But I remembered my attribute of humility and I realized I needed to just humble myself, and enjoy the work I was doing and realize that I am here for the Lord, to do his work. And the second I changed my attitude, and humbled myself a little bit, I could just feel the Spirit come back, and Satan cast out. I continued to read the Book of Mormon and I just got this overwhelming feeling that the church is SO true. I could just feel it so strong that the church was true and that everyone in the world needed to know about it. And THAT is why I am here on the mission. It was cool because as soon as I humbled myself and allowed the Spirit to come back, it was able to testify to me of the church and remind me why I am here on the mission. Even if the mission is hard at times, it doesn't matter, because this church is true and everyone needs to know it. The sacrifice is worth it because of the testimony I have to share with the people here. The Spirit will always testify to us when we allow it to.

So yeah...That was my cool experience :)  Hermana Jones and I are both very competitive!! I love her!! We put a quote on our wall that we came up with and it is, "We can still be competitive, as long as it's for the Lord". We are channeling our competitiveness into finding people and baptizing people! We have 4 baptisms set up this month so the work is moving along. Oh, is there some sort of war going on in the States or something because lately people have been talking about how the Unites States is a bad country and not free and stuff?? Hermana Jones and I are wondering... 


Tell everyone in the family I say hi! Especially Ty! I miss being at BYU and just coming over and hanging out with Tyler! And tell Ave good luck at school and Em good luck with seminary. Does she like it? How did she do on her Spanish assignment that I corrected? And tell Joshie boy I love him and he better be keeping a list of movies that I need to watch when I come home :)


Here is a scripture that has kind of been the "theme" to my mission. Matthew 10:37-39:

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

If it is possible to change the scripture on my little plaque thing, I would like this scripture! It has helped me BASTANTE on my mission. To forget myself and just focus on the mission. I love this scripture a lot.


My Christ-like attribute for September is Charity and Love!! I am excited for this one, I think its going to help me! I hope everyone is still working on theirs too! I know this church is true, and that if we live worthy of the Spirit, the Spirit is ALWAYS going to testify to us that the church is true, and that Christ lives and loves us. If we always strive to have the Spirit with us, he will always help us in our lives. The church is true. The Book of Mormon is amazing! Keep reading scriptures every single day! Your testimony will grow like never before! I love all of you!! 


Hermana Agle
Washington DC temple...so beautiful!

We also met Elder Lawler from her district in Leesburg, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment