Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Teaching the Gospel, English and GYMNASTICS!



Hey guys!

So this week has been great! We had a lot of activities and service projects, so that was really fun!! We had a "Show de Talentos" that the missionaries put on for our stake and everyone LOVED it! I did gymnastics and you have no idea how many people came up to me wanting to learn gymnastics!! Looks like I'll be teaching the Gospel, English, and gymnastics from now on :) We also did a service project where we painted a whole school! Our zone, and some people in the stake got together and we painted the whole school! It took 6 hours with about 40 of us! But it was really fun and the owners were really really grateful :) Doing service here is the best!

We had the coolest experience yesterday!!  One of our investigators is named Kervin. He is 16 and wants to get baptized this Saturday(Aug. 10th). But his mom is a STAUNCH Catholic and for about a month she been telling him no, he can't get baptized. So, we've been praying and praying for her to change her mind and for the Lord to soften her heart...just a little bit. Yesterday I fasted for that, too! So last night, we went to his house with the permission slip for her to sign. When we got there, Kervin told us that she would never sign it and she still was against baptism. She came out of her room, we talked to her for a little bit about it (I was saying prayers in my heart like crazy!), and when we asked her to sign, she said, "Yeah, sure". Everyone in the room was SO SHOCKED! Kervin was like "uhhhh, ya sure mom?"  We were all so surprised! It was really a miracle! Heavenly Father totally helped us out on that one! There is no way that we convinced her to sign the paper, it was the Lord helping us out. Heavenly Father is really really listening to our prayers and Kervin is now getting baptized this Saturday :) Can't wait!!

So I got really sick this week. An investigator fed us Causa (you can look it up)...Let's just say EEEWW. I was sick for days. But, that's all a part of the experience right?? :)

My new attribute this month is Humility! I realized with Kervin and his mom that we can't do this on our own, we need the Lord helping us! There is no other way to successfully do this work! So I will be working on Humility :) I hope everyone is keeping up with their Christ-like attributes! Love you all!!
 
 
Hermana Agle
Don't you LOVE the BLUE!! 

This how you get bread from a 3rd story floor!!
Yep...I got to see Hermana Winters...Love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment