Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm learning more and more each week!

Hey Family!

This week has been good! We had a baptism on Saturday! Her name is Hilda and she is so sweet and cute and awesome! We told her the baptismal font would have hot water and when we got there Saturday morning, the water was FREEZING cold! It takes about 3 hours to fill up the font so there was nothing we could do!! But, she was still baptized, very willingly too haha! She had to do it twice, poor thing, but she never complained...not once! It was a great service :) She is going to make a great member of the church :) She even came to church on Sunday to get confirmed, when she was really really sick. She said she needed the guidance of the Holy Ghost in her life :) Everyone here is freaking out about the flu. H1N1 has broken out and 4 people in Callao (the district of Peru that I live in) have died from it. So, people are kind of freaking out! But they don't really do anything about it...haha...they still kiss everybody all the time and are not very careful with washing their hands, etc. I have a huge bottle of hand sanitizer that I carry around with me and I use it very frequently!!!

This week I think I learned more than I have learned in my whole mission combined! I learned that being in a bad mood is not good and not fun at all!! When I am in a bad mood, I just want everyone else to be in a bad mood, too. I don't want anyone else to be happy, and when they are, it totally bugs me! But as I've been reflecting on this, I have realized that this is EXACTLY how Satan is! He is so miserable and he just wants everybody else to be miserable with him! So I thought about how powerful the influence of Satan is on us. Because everyone knows when I am in a bad mood, it shows. Big time. And no one else around me is happy! So I thought a lot about that this week and I realized that I am a representative of Christ. I am here teaching about Christ, inviting people to come unto Christ, so I need to be the best example I can be of Christ. Whenever I feel like turning inward and being in a bad mood, I need to remember that Satan is working on me and he is happy that I am miserable. I need to remember to turn outward and forget myself and be more like Christ. When Christ was in the Garden suffering for the sins of every single person, he was STILL praying for other people, not himself. When some of His most beloved apostles betrayed Him in the Garden and one of the guards lost his ear, Christ, instead of feeling betrayed and thinking of himself, he turned outward, and healed the guard. Christ is always turning outward to help others, and never thinking of himself. So I have been thinking a lot about that this week and it really is going to change my mission. And it really has changed my mission this past week! and I have seen miracles from it :) 

Everything here in Peru is going great! OH except for the fact that I have a nest of fleas in my bed....I have bites ALL over my body and they ITCH. It happens to a lot of missionaries here. I can just imagine the look on Avery´s face haha. But I'm in the process of cleaning EVERYTHING and hopefully they will go away soon. It is not very fun, but my investigators are great, and the work is moving along :) I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary :) Love you all!!

Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment