Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Am Training!!!


Sister's Training Conference...all the Hermana's in the mission with President and Sister Archibald

Mom and Dad,

I am training! Oh my goodness, during cambios(transfers) when President called my name he said, "In El Olivar, Hermana Agle TRAINING Hermana Jones!" Oh man, my heart leaped up into my throat when I heard "training"!! I finished MY training on Sunday...and started training on Monday! Oh man, was I nervous! But my companion is GREAT! Her name is Hermana Jones, she is 19, and from Missouri. So yes, the two 19 year old gringas that both have less than 3 months in the mission field are stormin' the streets of Peru baptizing everyone! :) It actually is an advantage to have both of us gringas because people are interested in talking to us to see whether or not we speak Spanish. And they are always surprised when we do :) BUT Hermana Jones is awesome! We get along really well! We are kind of the same person! haha We are both studying Pre-med at BYU, we are both 19, both of us are NOT from Utah (yes I just said that, Brother Nanto :)), we both have boys at home named Cameron, and our Dad's served in the SAME MISSION! And we keep finding similarities every day. So yeah, we get along really well :) And we work together as missionaries really well too! :) We found 9 new investigators this week and 2 of them have baptismal dates. So we are going to continue to work hard, have fun and baptize baptize baptize this transfer!! Life is good :)

I have learned so much from training and just being left alone in my area without Hermana Muñoz. I have realized how much I love the people here in Previ and Condevilla. I think I am learning more from training than my baby is! It has been so great :) We are learning together and growing together and helping people come unto Christ! I think it's really cool how President Archibald trusts the two of us to be here working together even though we are both 19 year old gringas. It makes us want to work even harder. I am learning more and more every day about Christ and how to be an effective missionary and trainer, and how to work with people. Lessons that I will use for the rest of my life. The mission really is the MTC of life...so if you want training on how to have a great life, SERVE A MISSION! It's so great!

I love you all! Thanks for all the support and letters! The church is so true. I know it is true! I know that Christ suffered for our sins and he knows every single one of our feelings. Through Him, we can do anything. I know the power of the Priesthood is real. We are teaching an investigator named Fernando with pancreatic cancer and we brought members to give him a blessing. That was the strongest I have ever felt the Spirit in my life. I know the Priesthood Power can bring miracles! Fernando is getting baptized September 7th :) The church is SO true!

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment