Tuesday, April 8, 2014

General Conference was AMAZING!

The Quiroz Family...LOVE!
Well, this week has been a good one. A LOT has happened! We will start with some news:

DAYANA QUIROZ IS GOING TO THE TEMPLE APRIL 10 (my year mark) TO DO BAPTISMS FOR HER FAMILY :) I had another work visit in El Olivar this week and was able to see the Quiroz family. I continue to see the miracles the gospel brings into our lives through this family. They have progressed, and gained strong testimonies of this church. They are doing so great :) We baptized them 6 months ago but they are just too special to not talk about them always :) Mom and Dad, I cannot WAIT for you guys to meet them!! They will not be able to talk to you haha but they will just LOVE you. So I was really happy to hear that from Dayana :) She is also attending seminary every morning with my old pensionista Hermana Juanita :) 

Well, Conference was amazing as always. I love conference weekend...It is better than Christmas :) I received so much strength and guidance from our living prophets and I could feel that they were speaking the words of God himself. What I really loved was Boyd K. Packer's talk. Wow. SO POWERFUL. His testimony at the end left me with my heart beating pretty fast. I felt it strong. All of us gringos went into a little room to watch conference in English and we were silent as we listened to the STRONG spirit fill the room as Boyd K. Packer bore his personal witness of the Savior. I also loved Elder Bednar's talk. I love when he speaks because his talks are always directed towards EVERYONE. Everyone can benefit from what Elder Bednar says ALWAYS. I loved being able to understand this scripture in Matthew better. I also loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I loved them all haha. It is a goal of mine to re-read ALL of the conference talks before I get home. Next conference I will be coming home!! AHH. Time goes way too fast.

This week I was able to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I have studied, marked, searched and pondered the Book of Mormon this past year, and this week I will finish it completely. I am excited to bear a powerful testimony that I know that every single page of the Book of Mormon is true. I know t is true. I have strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ through this book and have been able to feel the Spirit so strongly testifying to me that it is true. So I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and everything it has taught me. It is just so true! There is no way to explain the miracles it works in our lives but it really works miracles! It can comfort us, it can help us understand the misteries of God, and it helps us draw closer to our Savior. I am not a prophet or anything but I want to challenge all of you to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and try Moroni's promise and ask God if it is true. I know that you will receive your answer and your faith will be strengthened so much through doing it. It is a powerful book and I tesify of its divinity!!

I had a pretty painful experience this week with one of our investigators. She completely shut.us.down. And it was PAINFUL. I haven't felt that must sadness in a long time. Seeing someone reject the gospel after hearing it...hurts A LOT. What I learned from it, though, is that just because someone is rejecting the gospel, does not mean that it is not true. This was one of the whirlwinds that Helaman talks about in Helaman 5:12, but if we have our foundation in Christ, we will not fall in our testimony. Like many said in conference, NOW is the time to stand as witnesses and disciples of Christ and not let worldly things get us down. We are always going to see people that will reject what we believe and tell us it is not true and we are dumb for being a part of it. BUT STAY STRONG. Remember who you are. A member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST. This is His church. There will be opposition. But let's stand strong and never deny the things we know to be true :)

Alright well have a great week! I love you all!! Keep inviting your friends to church and following-up with them. Take them by the hand and WALK with them as M. Russell Ballard invited us to do :) Les amo!!

Con cariƱo,
Hermana Agle
Susie's brand new teeny tiny puppy!

Hermana Agle(the CAT) has grown!!

Classic family photo with the Quiroz Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment