Monday, April 14, 2014

Book of Mormon Challenge!

Well, this week has been an emotional roller-coaster! 

1. I am officially an old missionary! I have a year in the mission! My MTC district is emailing like crazy just wondering how it is possible that time has passed so fast! I can't believe I have been here a year already. Just 6 short months left. I am going to do EVERYTHING I can in these 6 months to help these amazing people in Peru accept the gospel :) I have learned SO much in the past year, and I am going to put it all into practice these next 6 months! I hope to see lots of results :) These pictures are of a poster that my pensionista and her family made for me on my year mark :) 

2. So something pretty interesting happened in the South America Northwest region this week. Elder Uceda, Elder Waddell, and Elder Grow made a huge announcement. Not so much an announcement, but invitation. They asked that in the family home evenings here, the families are going to focus 100 percent on the Book of Mormon. Families are invited to read the Book of Mormon together every single day for 15 minutes and finish it before the end of the year. Once we finish it, the bishop will send a letter to the 70 and they will write us a personal congratulations letter in response! :) SO I am SUPER pumped about this invitation!!! I just finished the Book of Mormon this week and I am totally going to read it again before I finish my mission...so that I can receive one of these congratulations letters!! 

It was awesome this week as I was able to finish the Book of Mormon. Church yesterday was focused 100 percent on this announcement from the area Presidency and I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting on the announcement and the Book of Mormon. I loved being able to speak to the members(and our investigators that were there) about the amazing blessing we have by having the Book of Mormon in our homes. The Book was written by prophets specifically for us in this day...For our families! President Packer describes the Book of Mormon as our spiritual protection and I believe this is true. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ, that is obvious, but it has a certain power that is indescribable. It is so amazing and has worked miracles in my mission. I have a very firm testimony of this book, and when people spit in my face, telling me that the Book I hold in my hands is a book written by fools...I am glad that I can walk away with a firm testimony that I KNOW this book is true. It has helped me with spiritual protection in my life. I am excited to take up this challenge and make the Book of Mormon even more present in my life.

Well, that is all for this week. We are pushing forward ready to receive LOTS of miracles in this work. Bring it on Peru :) Love you all!!

Hermana Agle

My awesome district :) Elder Alvarez from Cusco, Elder Montesino from Honduras, Elder Larsen from Logan, Elder Congora from Huancayo, Hermana Hewitt from Logan and Hermana Pinto from Bolivia :) And me and Hermana Lopez :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment