Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Mission is the MTC of Life

So this week has been a good week! Lots of preparing people for baptism which is the BEST as a missionary. Nobody has entered the waters this weekend but these next few weeks SI O SI :) I have heared from a lot of friends that are now serving missions this week and I LOVE hearing about their awesome experiences. I have heard from Ashlyn, Afton, Jordan Berrey, Austin, Logan Barlow and it just sounds like they are all doing so awesome. The mission is the MTC of life and I can see it in each one of my friends. It is awesome to see :) 

So this week we found a family. The husband is a less active and he hasn't been to church in 11 years. The wife is not a member and they have 2 young daughters. We were walking in the street and they were kind of looking at us funny. We passed them waiting to see if they would talk to us and when they didn't, we turned to talk to them. Ebert, the husband, says, ¨The Spirit told me I needed to talk to you. I think it is time.¨ He told us that he had rejected missionaries for 11 years but he had recently felt the need to go back to church. He has been teaching his wife the gospel and his daughters and they had just BARELY moved into our ward. So we set an appointment and when we went we taught about the family and how they could be together forever and be sealed in the temple. They got SO happy when we told them that :) Ebert said that he had always wanted to serve a mission as well and regretted not going. We told them that they could serve together as an older couple. When we told them, Ebert starting to cry and was so grateful :) We left with his wife begging us to be baptized!!  They need to get married, first, before she can get baptized, so we will be helping them with that. I was on a work visit with a sister(When we met this family) that has only been in the mission for ONE week, and she said ¨Wow, does that happen every day on the mission??¨ haha :) Miracles like that are the best :) I love this family! And guess what their last name is? Quiroz :) 

I am starting to study how to make my weaknesses into strengths. I don't have a whole lot to say yet, but I will in these coming weeks as I study it more. I know this is going to help me a LOT as a missionary and as a person. So I am excited to study this part of Ether and the Atonement of Christ :)

Bueno, quiero dar mi testimonio de este Evangelio. Sé que es el Evangelio verdadero de Jesucristo. Sé con TODO mi corazón que él vive y nos ama. Amo ser misionera. Amo la misión. Amo Perú. Sé que José Smith fue un profeta de Dios y que por medio de él, tenemos el sacerdocio verdadero de Jesucristo nuevamente acá en la tierra. Estoy agradecida por este Evangelio y la Iglesia. Sé que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta de Dios y si escuchemos sus palabras, vamos a poder tener más paz en nuestras vidas. Estoy tan animada por la conferencia general para escucharle. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Amo este libro también. He aprendido bastante de este libro y es poderoso. Gracias por todo su apoyo y amor. Sigan adelante en el Evangelio de Jesucristo y sepan que Dios les ama. 

Con BASTANTE amor,
Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment