Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Miracles are Happening Everyday!

Saying Good-bye to my pensionista...Hermana Juanita!
Wow! Kaela is getting married! That is BIG news. I am kind of in shock to be honest...I feel like we are both still 14 :)

I am going to send a short email but lots of pictures today.


We had a miracle baptism this week. Her name is Silvia and the first day we met her, she told us that her whole family are members and that she has wanted to get baptized for a while but never had the chance. We knocked on her door, and she was baptized this weekend :) Miracles are happening every day here in Peru :) SO many people are ready to hear the gospel in this new area...We have just got to find all of them!


Silvia's Baptism...and my new companion Hermana Lopez
Elder Solis of the Seventy is in my ward! We have family nights in his house on Monday's...So that is SWEET! :)

I found out that on November 24th this year is voting day in Peru. And on voting day in Peru, the law is that you have to stay in your house all day...you can only leave the house to vote. So on my birthday...I will be imprisoned in our house :) Haha!  It will be an unforgettable birthday!!


Something new about this area: People give us a LOT of food...like A LOT!! I walked around half bent over all the time because I am always full!  We probably have 3 lunches and dinners every day...with food PILED on the plates. Man. It's. Rough!


My companion is Hermana Lopez. She is from Guatemala and has been on her mission for 11 months. We got here to Peru the same day, though. She served in Guatemala waiting for her VISA. She is AWESOME and we work really well together! I love her!!

Something cool I learned this week:  I learned that we are obedient for one of 3 reasons; 1)Fear, 2) We want to receive blessings, or 3)Love. After I heard that this week, I was reflecting on why we need to be obedient...specifically in the mission. It shouldn't be because we are fearful of getting in trouble from our zone leader, it shouldn't be because we want to get blessings for ourselves, but it should be because we love our Heavenly Father and we will do everything we can to show that love to Him. We are here on a mission to help His children get on the path they chose in the pre-mortal life. There are so many of His children that have drifted away and we, as missionaries, are privileged to be here and help them return to the path. We should be willing to do ANYTHING for Him to help his children....even getting up at 6:30am :) I have been thinking about this this week, and it has changed my way of thinking. I want to be obedient because I love my Heavenly Father, and I will do anything to help Him in this work!

I love you all...thanks for all the support!!

Con Carino,
Hermana Agle
My SHOES after only 6 months in the mission field!!
Saying Goodbye to Marlene, Stephany & Andy


This was taken right before Hermana Jones shoved this cake in my face :)

The Quiroz Family

Goodbye party with Jose and Omar!

Kervin and Julio came to say goodbye!

Love these Hermana's!

No comments:

Post a Comment