Monday, November 18, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HERMANA AGLE!

The work is still pushin' along! :)

We are working with a couple that are grandparents and want to get baptized :) They are not married so we are helping them with all the paper work so they can get married! Their names are Eulalia and Renulfo. Hermano Renulfo recently went blind because he had a stroke. He was going to die, but he got a Priesthood blessing and he is getting better. He can now walk! And he got a little bit of his vision back! It was really a miracle because he was very, very close to passing away...but after his blessing he was fine and the doctors don't know what happened! The Priesthood is so POWERFUL. It was really a miracle. SO, now we are doing all we can do to help them get married and baptized! They are the cutest little couple :)

Sorry so short today! But I love you all and thanks for all the support! :)

Con MUCHO cariƱo,
Hermana Agle

(Because Cami's letter was so short...I've decided to post my letter to her this week!  She will be celebrating her birthday on Sunday, November 24th!! If you have a chance, please send her a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY at camille.agle@myldsmail.net)

Cami,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow, I can't believe it is the week of your birthday.  I remember clearly the week you were born.  I was taking a children's literature class at BYU.  It was only one night a week (I knew I would be having a baby that semester...so I took it easy :) The week of your due date came and went....you hadn't come, yet.  To get to class each week, I had to park down in the parking lot just west of the Smith Field House/Richards Bldg., and walk all the way up to campus by way of the stairs.  I was having some pains...but thought I could make it to class that week.  I sat through class that Tues. night (Nov. 23rd...I was already 3 days overdue!!), but started getting more and more uncomfortable.  Finally as class ended, I decided that I might be going into labor??  I went home and tried to lay down...but I was having terrible stomach pains at that point.  I decided it was time to go to the hospital. Grandma DeeAnn came over to sleep and stay with Ty and Ave.  Dad and I went to the hospital.  They hooked me up to all the machines...but just about that time, my labor kind of stopped.  I was physically ready to have you, but I guess you decided to wait a bit (you've always loved delayed gratification :) Finally, about 4 am...the hospital staff said, "We know you're in labor, but things have slowed down, so go home, and try to sleep for a while...then come back when the contractions are more consistent.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep!!  Finally around 8am...I couldn't stand it anymore.  We went back to the hospital, and I was in full-blown labor.  You were born about 6 hours later, on Wed. November 24th...the day before Thanksgiving!! I'll never forget that day...as you arrived, you just looked around at everyone with the biggest eyes, and didn't make a peep! You looked just like DAD!!  We were so excited, relieved and happy!!  I can't believe it has been 20 years...it seems like yesterday!!  You have been a joy to us since that very day!!

I think it is crazy that you will be celebrating your birthday on election day!! Does that mean you can't go to church??  I hope you at least get the packages we sent you?  Please check with the mission office if you haven't received them. They should be there about now!  BTW...have you received ANY packages we've sent you??  You've never mentioned any.  Anyway...I hope the day is great!  I wish we could see you just for that day...it will be the 1st birthday we have been away from you.  We will have cake in honor of you!

This week has been busy...but great!  Dad is in Utah interviewing, so that means I am here to get the kids everywhere they need to be. The first part of the week was a little crazy, because I was getting my talk ready for YW in Excellence.  I was the "guest speaker" for the evening...and that was nerve wracking!  The theme for the evening was shoes & purses.  I ended blowing up the photo of your shoes you sent me last week (the timing couldn't have been more perfect!), and using those as an example of a daughter of Heavenly Father that is STANDING IN HOLY PLACES!! I think people were genuinely touched to see how worn your shoes are!!  Think about it...just 2 years ago, you were sitting in that very meeting!  I can't believe all that has happened in those 2 years. You still didn't even know if you were going to go to BYU!?! The Lord has blessed you...and he continues to bless you!  The rest of the week was busy with lots of meetings.  I've had 3 Public Affairs meetings this week...but it is good.  I am learning more about my responsibilities, and about the need to get the message out about the positive things the Church is doing.

The Lord is blessing us as well!  For me, just knowing that you are happy to be in Peru, and happy teaching the gospel, and serving the Lord is blessing enough for me!  I couldn't be prouder of you! You make me want to be a better person, and want to live the teachings of the gospel better!  We miss you dearly, but know you are in the right place!  The missionaries in our ward (2 elders & 2 sisters) sang in sacrament meeting yesterday.  It was so good, and all I could do was think of you...doing the same thing somewhere in Peru!!  We Love You so much...and can't wait to see what the future holds for you...it is going to be amazing!

Love,
Mom
A Peruvian temple that was used 2000 years before Christ.  There is are baptismal fonts and everything...so cool!

These ruins are from the INCA's and almost extinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment