Sunday, May 12, 2013

A New Calling...


We can't wait to get to PERU!
So, I have visa news! It's not here. Haha. I will be getting re-assigned this Wednesday or Thursday night! My re-assignment might be 1) waiting here for another week or two, or 2) going to a state-side mission until my visa is approved.  Once I find out, I can call you...but only for about 5 minutes! Thursday night, around 7 o'clock, make sure everyone is home so I can let you know my re-assignment!!  


Hermana Brown and I had something pretty funny happen yesterday! A girl came up to us and said, "Are you Hermana Agle and Hermana Brown?!" And we were like "uhhhh yes?" and she said, "I got here on Wednesday and I totally read both of your blogs before I entered the MTC! I am going to your same mission!" GREAT job on the blog, mom!  It was so much fun to meet another sister going to the Lima West mission. 


I do have some interesting news... This past Sunday, I was called to be my zones Sister Training Leader. This means I am in charge of all of the Hermana's in my zone. The three Elders in my district are the zone leaders, so together we are responsible for welcoming the new districts, instructing them on the mission rules, etc., and giving them a tour of the MTC. I also have the responsibility to go around to all of sisters rooms every night to check in on them.  Writing in my journal has become harder, because I don't have as much time at night...but I'm doing my best! I was kind of nervous to accept this calling because I feel like I still need help myself, plus I'm one of the younger sister missionaries, but, I remembered a conversation I had with Cameron where he told me that when he was having a hard time in the mission field, the best thing he did was try to serve those around him. I thought about this and really tried this week to serve all of the Hermana's in my zone. I have been so blessed because of it! It has been awesome, and I have been lifted up!

So, yes, I did see Dad in his car on Sunday(Brian drove by the MTC last Sunday while he was in Utah...and just happened to see Cami walking between the MTC and the temple). And I wasn't upset! But, at the same time, I felt really bad because I couldn't go over and talk to him. Here are the reasons why: 1) I was called as Sister Training Leader that day, and I had the new Hermana's in our zone with me, so I needed to set a good example.  2) That morning we had Mission Conference and for 20 minutes they talked about how we should not have visitors come meet us at the temple, and 3) We had a fireside last week about being perfect examples for the incoming missionaries, so that we could make this age change be a miracle...and not a complete disaster. Plus, Dad is the one who drilled "exact obedience" into my head before my mission, so I knew he would understand :) It was hard walking away, though! I wanted to talk to him so bad! Today is my 1 month mark, so only 17 more months, Dad! It will go by quick!

The MTC has been great as always! I still can't believe I have been here for 4 1/2 weeks and I only have 1 1/2 left. Time flies. I continue to learn so much everyday and my investigators are progressing, which I love to see. Yo se que este Evangelio es verdadero. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Padre Celestial y Jose Smith era una profeta que tradujo el Libro de Mormon. Yo se que podemos recibir revelacion por medio de leido las Escrituras y orando con Dios. Thomas S. Monson es un profeta verdadera y esta Evangelio es verdadero. Las familias pueden ser juntos por todo el tiempo. Les quiero mucho todos.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Agle
Hermana Brown and I in our classroom
My Zone after a fun afternoon in the rain
Yep...those are all of my boxes!! Love Packages!
Love wearing this nametag!
Elder Laulu-Pututao(BYU Football player) is in my zone
Absolutely LOVE these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment