Thursday, July 10, 2014

The week in photos

Well, I've got a whole bunch of fun pictures to send this week, so I think this email is just going to be pictures...hope thats ok! Each picture has a little story :)

It is raining here in Huaraz...crazy because it is not the rainy season
I celebrated the 4th of July with a banana split...it was my companion's idea : )
La familia Tafur Leon gave us little mini bird eggs to eat. They are so yummy!! 

Nancy Tafur Leon also made us a typical Peruvian dish called Tocosh. You should look it up if you can, but, it is basically a potato that they leave in the ground for a month to rot, and then they take it out and make a pudding out of it. It smells SOOOOO bad. They love it here because it is supposedly really healthy. Nancy she made us some, and I ate it all...but my companion took one bite and was done! haha. 

THIS IS MY DISTRICT! Last week we climbed this HUGE mountain and on top there is a yellow cross. It was a beautiful day!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment