Monday, July 28, 2014

Scripture Study brings me Peace

This week has been a huge one regarding my spiritual progression and the progression of my investigators. I have been so lucky to serve a mission and learn all of the amazing things that I am learning.

I have so much to say I don't even know where to start. Lets start with Tafur Leon. They have SO many questions for us. They are the first family..or people to be honest...that I have ever taught that don't have a firm background in christianity. They believe in God, but have a LOT of doubts. This week we had the chance to explain the Plan of Salvation again to them. We asked Nancy what she thought her purpose was here on earth? She said that she was here on earth to be a good mother and preserve the earth to prepare it for the future generations to come. Then we asked her what she thought was going to happen to her after she died? She said that she believed that everything ends when we die. After hearing these answers, we had a VERY VERY powerful lesson, testifying to Nancy that her purpose here on earth is much much more important. We told her she can live with her family forever and she is here on earth to prepare her family to be an eternal one. She has so much love for her family and it made me sad to think that she believes that everything ends after death. As I was able to bear testimony to her that she CAN be with her family forever and with Heavenly Father and Christ, the Spirit was very very strong. It is crazy how the world is so confused. How some people don't have this knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. So I am very grateful to be able to bring this news to the people here in Peru.

This week I have developed a HUGE love for the Book of Mormon. The mission is FULL of trials. It is really hard. Sometimes in trials, we feel like we have been abandoned, we feel like the whole world is against us and that there is no way out. But this week I have learned that trials are for our good. That God loves us SO much that he gives us trials so that we can learn new things and so that we can become better people. We could compare it to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Without leaving the garden, they would NEVER progress. They would never learn and feel real joy. Well, if we don't pass through trials in our lives, we will never learn, progress or feel real joy. Our testimonies cannot be strengthen. Well, I have seen huge results from my trials.. I think the biggest one is my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I have grown to love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true. I know that it is inspired of God. Every single time I need something, I can go to the scriptures combined with prayer and I always receive an answer. I am going to share an experience that I shared with President Archibald this week:

This week I have been able to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon so much. Literally, everytime I have a question, frustration, sadness, or anything, I can go to the Book of Mormon and ALWAYS find my answer. It is always there. You taught us that the Book of Mormon brings us closer to Christ and brings us away from Satan. I KNOW that this is true. For example, one morning this week, we received a text from an investigator, that had a baptismal date,  where she told us she didnt want to listen to us anymore because she was not going to be baptized. That hurt so much!, and I was really frustrated. I just felt like the whole world was ending and that nothing was ever going to happen in my area. Satan was working on me. But luckily, it happened right before personal study. SO... I went to to scriptures for answers. And I found them! I felt so much peace and even happiness after my study!! I left my study with literally the opposite attitude than when I started. I didnt feel any of the influence of Satan, but only the influence of the Spirit. It was so strong. Hermana Medina even asked me why I was smiling so much haha. I felt very uplifted and my testimony of the Book of Mormon increased so much. I am really grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. We can go to the Book of Mormon anytime we want, and when we combine our scripture study with prayer, we find answers. Everytime. I know that this is true. 

I know this gospel is true!! Daily scripture study helps to strengthen us and to endure in this life. Life isn't easy, and somethimes it doesnt go the way we want, but reading the scriptures and prayer daily sure make life a lot easier :) I love this gospel and I love to teach the people here in Peru :) Love you all!

Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment