Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Plague

This week has been a crazy, awesome week!! Let's start with the crazy.

There was a plague of cockroaches in my house on Thursday night. It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen!! We got home from proselyting and I walked into the kitchen and there was a cockroach that ran across my foot. That is normal so I just stepped on it and moved on. As I was walking out of the kitchen, I turned the corner and there were two more HUGE ONES. That really grossed me out so I called my companion to come and kill them. She came and killed those two and started looking around for more. She gasps and says ¨Hermana Agle, leave the kitchen right NOW.¨ I ran over and there were like 40 more in the corner of the kitchen!! We ran and grabbed the poison to spray and kill them all. (when I say WE I mean Hermana Lopez...I was on the opposite side of the room). She sprayed the corner and they all started running around the room! Oh my gosh it was awful!! We found the hole they were coming out of and Hermana Lopez sprayed the hole. Well...that was an awful idea because then about 50 more ran out of the hole all around the house!! I was dying. They were everywhere!! You know that part on the Indiana Jones ride were you go into the tunnel and all those bugs are crawling around in the tunnel. THAT is what it was like. The floor, the ceiling, the furniture, and the food...Everything was filled with cockroaches!! It took about 3 hours to kill them all. There is a lot more to the story...haha...but basically we killed the majority. We keep finding a few, but there seems to be less and less everyday. We covered the hole but are starting to regret moving into our new house!! 

This week we had an inactive member rescued! To be rescued, we need to teach them all of the lessons again, they need to come back to church for a couple weeks and have an interview with the bishop. Remeber Hermano Espinoza? The less active man that I shared Mormon 9 with? He was rescued this week! We went to his house to teach him the last lesson and at the end of the lesson he expressed to us how grateful he was for us and how returning to the church has blessed him so much in his life :) His family is strong! They will be such a great help to the church :) I am so glad that the Espinoza family is reactivated and enjoying all of the blessings of the gospel again :)

Hermana Lopez and I are teaching a father and a son and they are going to be baptized on February 22nd :) They are Alejandro and Alexander. Remember my convert Teo?? It is her brother :) He came to church yesterday and told us it was the first time that he has felt peace in his life in a LONG time. So, we challenged him to be baptized with his son and they accepted!! They are so great! Alexander is so hilarious, it is fun to teach him. He is 14 and just the funniest kid :) We are excited for this family!! 

Just one more classic President Archibald quote :) We were in a zone meeting with President and a missionary was talking about how sometimes his fasts don't work and he was asking President about why that is? President responded and said, ¨The fast doesn't work because it is not a sacrifice to fast from rice!¨ Haha...all of the Peruvians did not think that was funny ;) 

Alright, thank you all for your letters and support. This month I am working on humility again! I hope everyone is keeping up studying Christ-like attributes! I am so grateful to be a missionary in this time. I love being a missionary and bringing his gospel into the lives of others :) It is such a blessing. This gospel is true, and the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that God lives. Christ is the Savior and is there to help us always. I love this gospel! Keep sharing with friends and family. We are in a new time period! It is time to share the gospel with everyone!! You just have to open your mouth :) People are secretly interested, trust me :) I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment