Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Best of Times/Worst of Times

Man. This transfer has been one of the best and one of the worst in my whole mission. Different experiences, different people, different climate, different everything than I have been used to in the past year. BUT...it is only going to last 6 weeks because SURPRISE I have transfers. I am leaving Barranca tomorrow!! I am going to miss it. At first when I heard the news I was so confused! I was like ¨Ok, Heavenly Father, what was my purpose here??¨ (...long story, Ofelia didn't get baptized). But after thinking about it a while, I know what my purpose was here. I have grown more than I have in my whole mission. I know that this work is real. I have been converted here. It has been the hardest time in my mission and that most precious time for the conversion that I have received. That conversion came from everything that happened in my area and from Hermana Leyva. So yes, God has a plan for all things. I am sad to leave now that I finally know the area but I am excited to see what is up ahead!! I am so grateful for the time I had here!

 Through all of this, have been able to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It has a power that cannot be described. Every time I read it, my worries just kind of fade away and I feel such a peace and love and I know that this book was written by prophets inspired by God. These times have been hard for me. To go from so much success to nothing. But from the Book of Mormon, in a way I have never thought of before, I have learned that I will never learn anything if I am always in a happy state. If I am always successful it will be as if I am in the Garden of Eden my whole life. I wont be able to experience joy and saddness and I wont progress ever. So yes, hard times are necessary and I am learning from them just as God wants and needs me to. I always wondered why the Book of Mormon talked so much about wars and tribulations and why it never talked so much about the people in their peaceful state. Well, I can understand now that if it always talked about happy people in their peaceful state with God, we wouldn't learn anything from it. It would just be like a novel. But we can learn from the stories of war and afflictions. We can figure out how NOT to repeat history and change and learn and progress as children of God. So no, the world is not always going to be perfect and happy. We have to have hard times. It is a part of life, always. And all of it because God loves us enough to let us experience and grow. I am grateful for hard times. I never thought I would say that haha but I really am. I have learned probably more in this past transfer than I have in my whole mission and I have changed. I have really converted myself. And I consider that a huge success. It is interesting how in the lowest times you kind of find the deepest conversion. I am grateful for my mission and what I have learned and how I have grown.

Well, I dont have too much time to write because I have to go pack my bags. But I love you all! This gospel is true and it really has changed me. I am grateful for all of the amazing things that the Lord has given me. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I'll let you all know where I go next week!

Con amor,
Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment